Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Solutions
Using remote management and display technologies to streamline internal processes and make informed decisions
"Machine-to-Machine", or "M2M" applications allow computers, industrial machines, home appliances
and other devices to communicate with each other and with other systems over a wired or wireless network. Common uses of M2M technology
include adding remote control and monitoring capabilities, centralized data collection and/or graphical display to devices deployed
in the field.
For example, consider a "standard" vending machine, which usually lacks even the most basic diagnostic and data gathering abilities.
By adding M2M technology, the machine can report its inventory and status to a central database, transmit its transaction history,
and display advertising content on an attached LCD display based on its product selection and external data such as the local weather.
Some common features that FireCast ClientCenter M2M Edition can enable in your hardware include:
- Remote monitoring: Each device can check in with a "heartbeat" as frequently as every few minutes (or even maintain an ongoing
connection) to provide a snapshot of its current status.
- Remote management: Change settings and query local sensors and controls on a machine-by-machine basis or in groups of your
- Remote diagnostics: Run automated scripts of commands to test your equipment and generate reports on predetermined
- Service Support: Provide on-site support agents with remote assistance or on-screen cues for performing common maintenance
- Software revision control: Deploy remote software and firmware updates to your devices over the network, and receive
confirmation of their application.
- Content Management: Control user interfaces, video content and mobile applications from a single location.
- Graphical display: Show information about your devices in real-time — remotely, on the device itself, or both. Target
end-users or potential customers with high-definition imagery, video and data visualizations.
- Centralized data collection: Accumulate data from all of your devices — everywhere — and analyze it at your
leisure, either on your own computer or in the cloud.
- Data analytics and reporting: Use built-in reporting tools to generate graphical tables and charts for all of your critical
data. Or use our web-based APIs to export the data to a location and format of your choosing.