Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Solutions
Using remote management and display technologies to streamline internal processes and make informed decisions
"Machine-to-Machine", or "M2M" applications allow computers, industrial machines, home appliances
and other devices to communicate with each other and with other systems over a wired or wireless network. Common uses of M2M technology
include adding remote control and monitoring capabilities, centralized data collection and/or graphical display to devices deployed
in the field.
For example, consider a "standard" vending machine, which usually lacks even the most basic diagnostic and data gathering abilities.
By adding M2M technology, the machine can report its inventory and status to a central database, transmit its transaction history,
and display advertising content on an attached LCD display based on its product selection and external data such as the local weather.
Here are some of the features that FireCast ClientCenter M2M Edition can enable in your hardware:
- Remote monitoring: Your equipment can check in with a "heartbeat" as
frequently as every few minutes to provide a snapshot of its current status.
- Remote management: Change settings and query local sensors and controls on a machine-by-machine basis or in groups of your choosing.
- Remote diagnostics: Run automated scripts of commands to test your equipment and generate reports on predetermined schedules.
- Software revision control: Deploy remote software and firmware updates to your devices over the network, and receive confirmation
of their application.
- Digital signage and graphical display: Show information about your devices in real-time. Target end-users or potential customers
with high-definition imagery, video and data visualizations.
- Centralized data collection: Accumulate data from all of your devices -- everywhere -- and analyze it at your leisure, either on
your own server or in the cloud.
- Data analytics and reporting: Use built-in reporting tools to generate graphical tables and charts for all of your critical data.
Or use our web-based APIs to export the data to a location and format of your choosing.