- Make meaning. He sees many start-ups trying to make money instead of trying to making something that's meaningful,
- make mantra. 2 or 3 words that speak what you deliver.
- Jump to the next curve. Great innovation is not about incremental steps. Most people stay on the same curve.
- Roll the DICEE. 5 things to include. Great products are Deep, Intelligent, Complete, Elegant & Emotive.
- Don't worry, be crappy. If you wait for perfection
- Don't be afraid of polarizing people. If you appeal to everyone, you probably create a mediocre product.
- Let a hundred flowers blossom. If you innovate, the wrong people may buy your product in large quantities.
- Churn, baby, churn.
- Niche thyself.
- Follow the 10/20/30 rule. Optimal number of slides 10 which you should be able to present in 20 minutes and it should in a 30 point font.
The DICEE concept should be one of the hallmarks of the digital signage industry -- particularly when it comes to digital signage content. Likewise, recommending an iterative process, where you start with something useful but not 100% complete or perfect, and make incremental changes and improvements as the product is used, is a technique already familiar to many in the content creation industry.